Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Peacocks

I started a projec tlast year (and finished it last  year) that was a little bit of a project. It was fun and a learning experience as well as feeling accomplished. I cut out each feather and hand sewed sequins to each feather. I then cut out the body, hand sewed sequins and embroidered on this. I cut out the wing, hand sewed sequins as well. I attached it all together and then attached it to the fabric that I painted the tree on.

The only thoughts that I remember of why I wanted to do this are from years ago, just that I always wanted to make a peacock from sequins. I don't remember why. I drew the peacock last spring and started looking for sequins. Finally my co-worker found some at the dollar store so I went and bought them.

I hadn't embroidered since my early teens if even that late. I started sewing at the first of September and finished this a couple of weeks ago. It is about 31 by 43 inches, with the peacock being about 26 inches long.

Here it is in pictures. It was a fun project and very satisfying for me. I am glad that I was able to do it and get it finished.

 
 


I drew this tree at work one day. We didnt like the way the peacock sat in it so I had to draw a new one. I painted it on my fabric.



It has been one of my favorite crafts/sewing/art projects that I have ever done.

Faith, Hope, Love and Patience.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! This is way cool. I like doing the artsy stuff. I've been rethinking what I want to do in life (quasi mid life crisis maybe??). I've been intrigued by all things hand made. Leather crafts, metal fabrication, wood working, and even pottery. I don't know what's going on.-Jake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, then maybe you need to jump on it. There are so many things that you could do with welding, wood, car parts, leather, etc. Do it, but get a side job as well, that will help until you get established.

    ReplyDelete