Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Catch up time, deer hunting and here I am again.

OMG!!! It seems as if it has been forever since I posted, but at least here I am today! The last couple of weeks we have been busy here at work, as well as at home. I am not very good posting with my phone, the keyboard is just not big enough for me. :) 

Well, last week we left and went deer hunting. We had the two kids that have been helping David out stay at the house to watch it. I also wanted someone there to watch my neurotic Ralfie, as I expected him to try to run away or peel his claws off trying to get in the house, so it worked out well. He bonded to Brittany, and Pacino to Coby, they kindof act the same, haha. Silly boys. Anyway that worked out perfect.

We left Wednesday after Jonny got out of work, and were on the road by 1:30. It was a very nice day. We got to our campsite before dark, set up the tents and stove, and I started supper. Corned beef and fried potatoes with ranch beans. It was sooo yummy. Everything always tastes better cooked outside, and then in the mountain air, ummmmmmmm. We stayed up to about 8 and hit the sack. 


We slept on rocks, ouch, and we felt them in the morning and throughout the day, but it was tolerable, haha. I took pictures, sketched a little. Mike came up and had breakfast with us, eggs and chorizo, and camp coffee, yummy! We all had a good morning. 


The rancher was rounding up cattle, and they used a helicopter to help spot the cattle. It was fun watching them dive in the canyons and listen on the radios, talking in spanish and english.  



That afternoon David spotted a herd of Mule deers, and Jon drove over on the 4wheeler to get close to them. It was a nice little herd, and he took some good pictures. For dinner we had hamburgers and chips. Jon and I stayed up till about 8 8:30 and finally went to bed. 


David is such a nerd sometimes, gotta love him!

The next morning, opening day, we got up at 4, started the fire, started the coffee and made breakfast. The guys were out of camp by 5:45, and off they went, leaving me to my own self. I cleaned camp, took pictures, glassed, made the bed, glassed, took pictures, glassed, nibbled on stuff, glassed. Frankie showed up about 7 and he hiked up the hill a little. Some of the Carrasco's followed and they went up the hill too, in their tennis, OMG, they were some hardcore hunters I think ;). 


Jon and David were back in camp by 11, nothing to be found. It was dissappointing but ok. We ate sandwiches and sat and visited. Jon went out again, but nothing that afternoon but does. Frankie left about 3 and was coming back in the morning. I made tin foil dinners, never have made them before, but I always wanted to and what a perfect time for them. David was skeptical until I opened his and ours and then he was excited. They were delicious. 


I put hamburger, corn and potatoes with salt, pepper and garlic powder. MMMMMMmmmm. We all scarfed them down too. 

Jon made this cool fire shelter with rocks, and it worked out really neat. 


The next morning the guys were out before dark again and again no luck. They saw bucks but weren't able to get good shots so no good. Frankie came again with Michelle and their friend Jacob and crew. Frankie walked up the hill, sat for about 30 minutes, shot a deer about 50 yards away, took 10 minutes to get it back to camp, what luck huh? We were all happy for him. 

When David and Jon returned to camp, we visited with everyone, packed up to leave. We almost got to the bottom of the trees, almost where you come out to the trailers, and Jon found a deer for David. It was only a spike, but he took it. We loaded it, came and loaded up the 4wheeler, and came on home. We arrived home about 4. 

All was good, it was a good trip, a good vacation, a good hunt, and a good time. We were blessed to get this deer, and to have such a safe and enjoyable trip.


 This little guy was headed into the fire so we got him away from it and set him loose away from camp.


I couldn't resist taking pictures of this cute little lizard.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I was there! I didn't need to hunt but just to be there with everyone camping ... camp cooking ... laying around, hiking, and just watching ... out in the middle of nowhere ... what a life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David was so funny cuz after w got there he tells me we should have invited you to come with us.

    ReplyDelete