Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

My chairs are done!!!

So, I put the table in my house, and it really looks cute where it is. David has been working really hard on the two chairs and they are going to be really cute as well. 

I started sanding and preparing the wooden backs for the chairs, they are not pine, and did have weather damage to them, but once they were sanded and I put the natural stain on them, they really look awesome.

I cut the boards for the chairs and just need to cover them with padding and material. I am happy with the way that they are turning out. 

Unfortunately, I laid the boards where I thought that they would be safe in the shop, and it rained and dripped on them. So I will have to re-sand them, but no biggy. :), It won't take that much time anyway.

Flanny came by, and we had a really good time visiting and she is going into art, and does sculptures and stuff, so we talked a lot of arts and crafts and of course, sparked alot of memories of all the stuff that I had been doing, stuff that has been left undone. 

My little Christmas ornaments and burnings, my quilts,  my .......

I have a lot of things to finish!!!

Ha ha, I have to get on the ball.

This wood that we used for the backs of the seats was some weathered warped wood, that was just hanging out. Its curved both ways, long ways and shorts ways.


A before and after of sanding on them. This is the front of them.


Here they are on the backside sanded. The backside did not get as wet as the front, sitting in the weather.


This is the fronts stained. I think the way they look is so cool.


Here are the bottoms of the chairs as David has been working on them. 


Im getting ready to cut out the bases for the seats.


Here are the rounds for the seats, just need to get them covered.



And here is what they are going to look like when they are done, other than getting the covers on the seats.


Now I have to get to work and get them painted, redo the stain and cover the seats. 

YEAH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment