Our journeys will never be complete until the day we pass from this mortal life onto another one closer to the One that has put us here, our Lord.
Jonny's girlfriend is on a mission in Ireland/Scottland. She wrote this to me. It came so close to home for me in another understanding of my life that I have to share her question/ and what they asked the missionaries to consider and do.
"At the All Ireland Conference we had a lot of good insight but something that struck me is the WHY? question. Why do we do the things we do?? As missionaries there is loads of little things we need to and the question we need to ask ourselves is why? There are three reasons people do things. 1. Fear 2. Obligation/Duty 3. Love. Something they committed us to do is to notice why we do things and if it is for reason 1 or 2 to work on it and figure out how to make it reason 3. "
I responded to her email with this.
"The WHY? question is really something that if everyone would consider, it might bring alot of peace and healing to us all.
Fear Obligation/Duty Love
Fear, When we are afraid, it hinders us so much. It puts blinders on us so that we don't necessarily see or hear the truth. It binds us up, and it starts to make us die. Fear is so powerful if you let it get its hold on you. It can cause bitterness, hate, anger, and when you hold it inside it eats you alive. When you can face these fears one at a time, and start understanding the why here, you can start overcoming each of them. It makes you lift your heart and sing, it brings peace and helps you with better judgement and understanding of all of those around you that are hurting and sick, and I mean spiritually. I have learned this.
Obligation/Duty, this also hinders us in our judgement calls. This can build up so much animosity, grudges, frustrations. It gets you so that you put yourself last in such a way that you wait on everyone else because "its what you are supposed to do". Now, I understand about giving, sharing, but when you give freely, it makes it so much easier to accept something going. When it's because you feel you have to, it digs at you a little, and over time it grows into resentment.
Love, well, when you really begin to understand the power of love, and feel its work inside you, and how it makes you feel over and over, you realize that when you do something, it just makes it all that easier to do, share. And you do it so freely. Love frees you, just like forgiveness. It allows you to see who is hurting, who is needing help, who is happy, so many things. It allows you to soar, and to understand why people are like they are. It allows you to open your heart, your soul, and to give so freely that it is amazing. Hard to put into words.
I have just embarked on this journey, and the opening of my heart, no matter the pain I may suffer, I am loving more freely, and sharing slowly, this journey. I cried a bunch yesterday with a friend, here at work. I felt so much pain and hurt in her. Its crazy, it hurts me, but yet, I know the time we spent together visiting, it helped her. I think she is a special woman, and I keep her close to me. I am guarding my heart with the Lord and the Spirit close to me, but allowing myself to love and share more.
This why, it is such a good question to have been asked."
She is such an amazing young women, and I am so happy and proud to have her in my life, I am learning from her.
I just had to share this, as it is something that is so important for us all to learn in our lives I think. My opinion, my thoughts, for what its worth.
I just had to share this, as it is something that is so important for us all to learn in our lives I think. My opinion, my thoughts, for what its worth.
Have a wonderful weekend! Love all of you. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment