Have you counted your blessings today?
I remember Aunt Sylvia told me she was told that her children were blessings in disguise, she just had to find them, haha. That's probably why she always tried to put macaroni's in my hair, her kids were always disguised so she wouldn't put them in theirs, hee hee.
Each day, I try to remember all the good things that I wake up to, even when I don't feel good. I try to wake up with a smile, as it makes such a difference in my day. I look at everything that is included in my life, and really, what more could a person ask for?
I am blessed to be alive, walking, talking, sharing. I am blessed with beautiful kids. I am blessed to have my husband. I am blessed to have my doofy dogs, a cat that's more dog and human, horses that give kisses, donkeys that howl at sirens with the dogs, chickens that will race with you, and the hundreds and hundreds of cowbirds that come every winter and spring, raising such a ruckus and fly like great schools of fish, I could watch them for hours.
I am blessed to have lived my life, and while I have had many ups and downs, I don't think that I would ever want to trade it, for all the life lessons that I have learned, about life in general, and more importantly, about me. So many things I am beginning to understand, and it makes me so happy. I am blessed to have a home that I call my home, not fancy, but it is mine.
I am blessed to have 6 ornery brothers, parents, family, friends, grandchildren. I am blessed to be able to be here, and having faith in our Heavenly Father, and knowing that I am truly loved.
What are your blessings?
Romans 8:28
King James Version (KJV)
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

No comments:
Post a Comment