So, then next, we acquired a cow. Yep, back into the cow thing, with little Sadie. She is a half mini, and will be with us for about a year I think. We haven't raised a beef in a while, so this will be good, and we are looking forward to home grown beef again. Some people think that I am a little weird for raising, naming and treating my cows like pets, but I give them a good home, brush them, take them for walks, talk a lot to them, feed them well and rather do so than see what goes on in feeder lots, its a good thing.
My chickens are laying slowly, but surely, and I am happy for fresh eggs again. I am hoping to hatch out some chicks, and wouldn't mind raising some to eat as well, home grown chicken has so much better flavor than what you buy. And if you were wondering, I talk to my chickens too. A lot of them have names.
Inspiration, it just takes a little inspiration to get it going, and this year, yep, I am going to leap mountains and fly through the sky, trying to get a little bit more done than last year. Ha ha, I will give it good try anyway.
It's time to start preparing the garden, I just haven't had the ambition to start that yet, growing season will be here soon, so better now than the last minute. I don't like the cold much, and am pretty wimpy when it comes to the cold, but I realize that I probably don't know what real cold is, considering what's going on back north and east, I am so thankful for being here. I cannot imaging below zero and trying to cope with it. So, I just need to suck it up and get out there.
I am getting ready to do a "sweep" through the house again, and am hoping to relieve myself of unwanted clutter, junk, unnecessary things that I am not using, not needing, don't have time for, yup. And I think Jonny is too, getting ready to get rid of stuff. He has started working on his closet, redoing it, and I am hoping that we can get it done here soon, as all his stuff happens to be in my sewing/jon's storage room.
Well, I am going to get my list going, and then will try to post it, update what I have already. Everyone have a great one, enjoy your moments.
Well, I am going to get my list going, and then will try to post it, update what I have already. Everyone have a great one, enjoy your moments.
You named your cow. After my daughter. You ARE weird. Lol Love you!
ReplyDeleteRissa <3
Haha, no she came with that name, lol, I knew I would eventually get a comment from you, hee hee, leave it to Uncle Rob to name his calf that, yup!!
ReplyDelete