Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Thursday, November 14, 2013

I tried empanadas for the first time!!

Whew, what a last few days!! So, here I am finally. I was taking a break surfing the internet, and decided that I needed to try to make some empanadas. I know Grandma made them but I never learned from her. But, I decided to try something different on the spur of the moment.

So, here I am. I googled empanadas and found a few recipes and decided to try one that had a bunch of stars. It was simple and easy to make. I forgot to take pictures of the dough before and when I cut out the rounds and then before I FRIED!!! them, mmmmm!!!

But, I made a filling of hamburger meat with onions, tomatoes and corn. I spiced it up with garlic cumin and salt. Sooo, here are some pictures.

Cooked up the burger... added minced tomatoes, onions, cumin, garlic cloves pressed, oregano powder and a pinch of cilantro with salt to taste.


Added some corn


Refried my beans Grandma Divi style... I filled the dough with the burger mix, crimped them and fried 'em..


Here are the empanadas after I fried them..


YUMMY!!!!!

I will try them next with chorizo and potatoes, apple filling, pumpkin pie, and what about a pecan filling???


No comments:

Post a Comment