Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Thursday, October 3, 2013

I didn't forget ya'll!!

So, they say that time flies when you are having fun. I guess that must be true, as this weekend and week has just about come and gone. I did get a lot of good things done and am happy, excited for the progress.


I finished sewing the front of the quilt top, and I am hoping that this weekend I will get it put together and maybe tied. I couldn't get the best picture as Jonny had the camera in Springerville, but I am happy with the results.


I am going to go ahead and finish it the way I have my other quilts. So, it will be heavy and warm. I usually buy a $5 blanket for the batting and the least expensive sheets, 200 count for the backing. They are nice, warm, and don't collect alot of stickers, grass, or anything like that if you take them outside. So, it might be cheating a little, but with the weight of the quilt, I figure that this will hold together pretty good. And so far, the first one has.

I also burned a sign for the neighbor kid for his 4-H project. It turned out ok, his mom was so happy, and I received a yummy loaf of homemade bread!! Slathered in butter, heck yeah!


I also weedeatered my back yard because I couldn't get the lawn mower running. David says I need to drain the old gas out, so this weekend, maybe I will attempt it. Haha, I will probably make a terrible mess, he most likely will take it away from me and do it his self. 

We might go to Rex Allen days on Saturday, so that will be some fun. :) We haven't been in quite a few years. 

We lost Taco to the coyotes, I am a little sad, he was such a cool kitty, but as fate would have it, someone brought another kitten over they wanted to get rid of, and, well, he is a termite, and unafraid of the dogs. Sooo, we will see if "Winchester" will move like a bullet and stay safe. He is another yellow kitten. 

Everyone else is good, and staying busy for sure. Sorry about the delay in getting updates, its been hectic and crazy but GOOD!!  

Love ya all!!

2 comments:

  1. The quilt looks GREAT!!!!

    I like the sign also and I'll bet the neighbor kid is very proud of his new sign and status :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were really happy about it, the fair is this weekend so I hope they do well.

    ReplyDelete