Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Monday, August 26, 2013

Weekends

Well, I had a really good weekend, worked on my quilt (forgot to take pics) and have accomplished cutting up squares to draw on. I have added two more drawings to the denim and have another one in the making. I need to copy it and get it ready to lay down on the fabric. I don't quilt the way they probably teach, I just kind of wing it as I go, and so far they have turned out pretty good. After I get the square done that I am getting ready to do, I will take pictures to add to the going collection.


I turned George loose, and he was very happy to go and eat my tree. The good thing is the goats keep it trimmed, the bad thing, George will keep it trimmed up higher and my little goats won't get any fresh leaves to eat now. But, we are going to put a fence up soon, as this tree really produces some good pecans, and we don't get a chance to eat them because of the goats. Haha, they are eating machines, let me tell you. And I love pecan pie and homemade is the best!!!


Well, Cookie was worked and rode yesterday, and he is so smart. He did so very very good, and David was really impressed with him. He rode him for about ten minutes, and he had worked him for maybe 20 in the round pen before, seeing how he would handle. Its no fun to get on a horse with no handle, it can be crazy.He didn't do any wrong at all and once he figured out what to do, he did it. 


And, brother Rob got on ole Mo, but he wouldn't move. Soo, being the good sister that I am, I climbed the fence, and walked over and took his lead rope and said come on Mo, and he kindof wasn't sure that he wanted to move, but he did. And as long as I was walking, he walked too, for about the first 5 minutes. He then figured out it was okay to continue to walk. He really covers ground, and balked only a couple of times. Rob rode him for about 15 minutes and they did really good.

Robert and my oldest brother Bevan competed in a triathlon and they did good, it was Bevan's first. I wished I was as tough as they were. Hee hee. 

So a busy weekend, a good weekend, and we received some more rain. 



No comments:

Post a Comment