I am going for the record here, two days in a row!! It's been a while since I have had the time or energy to post two days in a row. Pretty lazy, huh?
Anyway, I have started a new quilt. It's a little different, and of course, I am building it from the middle out as I go. Well, I have been wanting to get a spray bottle and make a solution of bleach and water, make some stencils of my own design, and bleach onto denim. Well, that hasn't happened, for lack of ..... fill in the blank. BUT, I have decided to draw on squares of denim, my own designs, whatever I happen to sketch at work killing time on the phone, getting meter counts, etc. etc. I am using a Sharpie, on a whim, and so far have been happy with the result. I love the simpleness of black and white, or in this case, denim. I love pencil and the effects I get from it, and so this is good for me until I get back into oils and acrylics.
So, I have two 12 by 12 squares done, which will finish to 11" squares. Of course, no pictures yet, but maybe tonite it will happen. (I apologize for the wrong shortened spellings at times, its just sometimes easier for me :) ) I am excited to see the outcome, as it will be me and my art.
So, I am still not over letting Mo go, but, Cookie gives me alot of kisses and will quit eating to come say hello to me, just like Mo. Cookie is a black and white paint, that came to us about 3 years ago as a yearling , and he ended up being ours because the owner couldn't keep up on boarding. He was a skinny in need of groceries little guy. We got him going, loved him, brushed him, even played around with saddles and the pack saddle with him. He never seemed to care too much. We sold him to a friend that wanted a nice horse, and he was going to finish him and such, but he didn't. He didn't do much, and we ended up with him back, shy on groceries again. Poor little guy, but he has really grown well.
He seems like he might have a touch of Tennessee Walker in him too, he is gaited. Right now he is pushing over 14 hands, and is very sweet. I didn't want to fall in love again, and with a horse, but you know how it is, with a mushbrain romantic. UGH!!!
Anyway, I kindof have him started under a saddle with David's help, and I am hoping to get him ridable by the end of the month, not for me, but for David and Jon. I don't get on green horses anymore, I am shicken to do so. Haha, but I can pet, and groom, and love em to death.
So, pictures, pictures, pictures, I promise will be coming. Jon finally gave me the go ahead to delete pictures form the memory card on the camera. (He had filled her up with pics of Brooke, him and their adventures) He is supposed to get his own card to use, so that I can fill mine up by myself. So, I will take pictures of the blocks for the quilt, I will get a pic of Cookie, and as we go.
No comments:
Post a Comment