Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Friday, August 2, 2013

Cows, goats and baby doves

Oh my gosh!! This has been a crazy last week or two, I have been setting up interviews, then interviewing and I finally hired a girl for our other store and have been going back and forth to train in Silver City. But, it looks like its going to be a good mix for all of us. YEAH!!!


Well, lets see, what is going on new in my life? Umm, we found a home for the two new donkeys in Willcox, I have had 3 baby goats born, two males and one female. I have a baby dove as well, and they grow soo fast, its amazing.

This is Spot and he is a little billy.

This is our little dove about a week ago. Pretty scruffy looking, they are born with no feathers. They really grow their feathers quickly.



This is after a week of growing.

And this girl is thinking the feed tray is perfect for a nest. I don't know what she is thinking, but I wont move her egg. I will be putting some hay up there for her.


David had a busy week last week trimming steers feet in preparation for the Saila show that was happening last weekend. He did about 13 to 16 steers, plus the regular horse trimmings. He was pretty pooped out, but is doing good.


This chute is neat because you walk your cow/steer/bull in there, it catches their heads and then there is a black belting that is picked up around the belly with a crank winch that lifts them barely off the ground but supports them to allow their hooves to be trimmed. He then has a stirrup type brace for each leg to go in to hold the animal steady while he trims. Cows cannot stand and support their weight well on 3 legs, and these ones are being fed for the fairs. There were 3 or 4 over 1200 lbs.


The chiles are growing good, but are not very hot, which is a bummer. But, it makes it easier for me to eat them. My squashes went kaput, but my herbs are doing well. Its been a strange but fun  year, and I cannot wait to see the rest of our babies be born. 

I am hoping for a good weekend, we have a birthday party to take Tomasa too, she was requested for horse rides, and will have a bag of apples waiting for her. Haha, our great neice loves her and calls her Meecha.

Love and hugs to you, have a great weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment