Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Friday, July 26, 2013

Life out back.

Summer always brings monsoons, the humidity, the wind, dirt and sometimes we are blessed with rain at our house. It does rains here, not always at our home, but around the valley. Storms always roll off either Mt. Graham, or the range across the river. Its fun to see them go right by, and sometimes hit us. Its amazing to watch the storms roll off the mountain hills across the river, because it always will pick up the dirt from the river and fields, so you end up with a wall of dirt first. You have as a backdrop the subtle colors of different rains, heavy medium and light as they follow the dirt. It can be so clear and sunny and then darkness creeping over head as the storm gets closer.


This storm came in rather quickly, I had monitored it because of ridiing lessons. We had to cancel our lessons, it moved so quickly.


This is a little more to the east.


After it rolled past the river, it started going east of us, at first it looked as if was going to hit us head on. There was so much dirt coming in, sometimes you couldn't see past the palm trees much. I was inside now, and taking this picture through the kitchen window.




Bunny is such a ham, she wants all the attention and does not like to share it with anyone. Some days I think that she is more half dog, half people. 


Waffles has really warmed up to all of us, and when you enter the arena, she comes as fast as she can, hoping that I have brought an apple. I can not believe how ornery these donkeys are, I am learning so much about them and how different they think and do. And they don't forget much. 


These are our two new additions, although we won't be keeping these two. They are very sweet and friendly. We don't know much about them, they just are pets and have been that way since a lady aquired them. She passed away and her kids needed to move them, plus a lot of other animals. We already have prospective homes for them, and are hoping that it will be long term with understanding of donkeys.
Both of these ones are bigger than Bunny, and have long fur. I don't know what kind they are, except longears.  

My garden is still there, just not like last year. My mint, sage and thyme are growing really well, as is my Spanish Lavender. I can't say the same for my basil. The chiles are putting out, just not very big chiles but they have a really good flavor and are not too hot yet. My squash gave up, but I am receiving so much from everyone else that it is okay.

Anyway, not much else to say, other than we live a blessed life. Have a great one :).

No comments:

Post a Comment