Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Friday, June 28, 2013

Smoky sunsets



So, we are officially in a heat wave here in AZ, and other parts of the west. Its stuffy, windy, hot, dry. There are places that fires are raging, some under control, some not. Yesterday it was a bit cloudy, and breezy, or windy, whichever. By evening we had an accumulation of smoke in the air that was tinting the sky with browns and oranges, from which fire I don't know.


We had gone out to dinner, and the sun was being set behind a screen of smoke, causing more colors to come and play in the sky. As we left from the restaurant, the sun had become this brilliant glowing orange red disc in a sea of browns. It was amazing.


By the time we got home, I hit the road running into the house to get my camera and go take a bunch of pictures. Following are the ones that I like the best.


























It was so neat to see the way the colors of red played on the sun, the smoke was filtering the light as it shone down, draping it completely, then in sections of three and then down to two,  playing with the sun's light, trying to determine which effect looked best.


God gives us so much beauty in our world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment