Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Plants and barrels

So, as my week has progressed, now at humpday, not too much has happened. My excitement to have my tomato plants cascade down the sides of the planter I had David make for me, has just hit the ground again, haha!!! Literally.

One thing I kept forgetting is that when you water a pot, or barrel in this case, and it has drainage, it leaks out, hits the ground, and when you have skinny legs that hold up a barrel off the ground, they inadvertently sink into the ground, thus causing the weight inside the barrel to be really off center resulting in it toppling over and burying and breaking all plants that were planted inside. Hmmm.

You would have thought I would have figured this out the first time and remedied it, but, alas, I am not always the brightest cookie in the jar or the least stubborn. :) Sooo, I don't think my tomato is going to make it, and I don't think that I am going to try to get any more tomato plants for the garden, but .... you never know with me.

The garden is doing well aside from that, the chiles are producing gobs, and the squash is producing mini squashes and I have a bell pepper that is growing. My spices are doing good, thankfully.

The kitties have discovered there is life outside of the fence, and the poor dogs are left behind. I am still crating them at night, as the little one is too adventurous during the day, I can imagine at night. I would like to have them last a few years, not days. They are cute. Pacino thinks that they are going to play like a dog, and he gets a little exuberant and runs the little one over. But, I think that they will get even at some point. I see it in the making.

Anyway, as usual, I will keep you posted.

Love you all, take care and have a great day.

Update at 1:49, I checked my tomato and basil plants, the two who toppled, and I cannot believe it, they both are struggling to survive, the tomato was actually looking a little perky on those branches that didn't get broken. YEAH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment