So here it is Friday, March 1, 2013. WOW!!! This year is speeding by, flying, throwing us all over already. What do we do? Where are we going? Whom is going with me? What have I done?
I have accomplished new meals, mostly desserts, but they have been a hit. I made an apple pie coffee cake that was so delicious. Ummmm. Yummy. I made these little garlic rolls that we had with fried chicken. Everyone loved them.
I have prepared two of Jonny's pants to replace zippers in them. I am a little excited and a little afraid, as its been a while since I have done zippers. But, it will work. Ummmhuuhhhh.
I have been kindof sick, but, with my super tonic, I am gettin over it just fine. The tonic is some pokey stuff, but it really tastes good when your sniffer isn't really workin. I got the recipe from my cousin Alli. I had my doubts the first time I used it, but it really worked, and then my sniffer worked so much better, I had less allergies and sinus problems. You can google Super Tonic if you want, there are a lot of recipes. Here is my cousin's.
Super Tonic
4 Garlic heads (not cloves, entire head)
1 white onion
3/4 C horseradish root, fresh, chopped
1/2 C gingerroot, fresh, chopped
1/4 C cayenne pepper, fresh, chopped ( I use habaneros because I can't find cayenne here. Cayenne is preferred)
Chop up everything. Put in a large jar and cover with at least 2 inches with apple cider vinegar. Do not touch with metal spoons, metal bowls, etc. Pat down ingredients each day for 1 week. Put in a dark, cool place for 2 weeks.
After this strain the liquid (use a plastic strainer) and keep in fridge. Pour into little bottles or leave in quart jars. At first sign of cold or flu, start taking. Take hourly or as needed.
This is a very effective cold remedy. The garlic boosts the immune system. The cayenne is a great healer and the ginger is for the stomach.
I just love this stuff and keep it on hand. Also, with all the drainage from your sinuses, I always get nauseated, and this helps me with the nausea.
So, like I have said before, I am a little wierd at times, but that's me. :0
I have got to find a new recipe for anything for dinner, and will post what I do.
I am headed down a road that is paved with all sorts of obstacles, but with the grace of God, I will do well in my travels. I am going to, again, go through Jessies room and prepare it for an overhaul with paint and such, and hopefully turn it into a guest/sewing room. With any luck, I will start on that this weekend, maybe as early as tonite. I am excited to do so because that allows me to leave out stuff and not have to worry about picking it up and packing it back into a cubby hole, something that is just so frustrating. Sooo, here we go.
I am looking forward to a great weekend, yardsalin, riding lessons, cooking, enjoying the sun and all sorts of stuff. Happy life to all.
No comments:
Post a Comment