Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Monday, March 4, 2013

Another day.

Had a very successful weekend, it was good. I gave lessons and they all did well. I brushed and groomed horses, we bought a nice wheel barrow at a yardsale and its big, but just perfect. I found another couple of cast iron skillets, one is a griswold. I am excited to clean them up and use them, (what I really mean is store them with all the others as the number of them continues to grow again.)

I turned Bunny loose on Sunday, and David told me to let the other two girl donkeys out, so after a long consideration, about an hour or two, I did. They took off and I thought they were going to head down the road. Haha, I can't jog very good right now, let alone run, its more like a hobble, but I was able to head them off at the pass, and encourage to circle around Poop Mountain and such.

I was able to catch Bunny and put her in the arena, and as soon as I headed in the direction of the little girls, they took off. I made it to the front before they did, and we were finally able to head them back in the arena. Haha, I must have looked pretty funny, it was good.

I helped some kids Thursday evening with judging information, as they were going to an FFA judging, and wanted some help and input. Come to find out, no one had really helped them out. So I talked alot, had downloaded info for them, we went over it, judged and looked at all of the horses at our place, discussed reasons of why one is better than the other, and told them they needed to have confidence in themselves and to believe in themselves.

If a judge believed they believed what they talked about in judging, then the judge would be more likely to score them higher. I said to judge pictures of horses, discuss it between them as they drove to Tucson, to go through my books, judge the pictures, read up and try to convince each other why the horse in the pictures was the best. They took 4th. YEAH!!!! I was so happy for them. Apparently, this is the first time in a very long time that a group form here have placed in the top 10. So, I am hoping they have learned a little, and I am very happy for them.

It was great. I let the little billy go, he is going to a really good home, and has two or the other babies going with him, so he won't be alone.

Everything else is good. Happy happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment