Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Friday, March 8, 2013

Macaroni's and making someone happy!!


Years ago, 1979, after HS graduation, I spent the summer with my Aunt Sylvia. I had long hair, below my waist, was always in the sun, and loved the summer there. 

We spent that summer swimming in the lake, riding ponies, going to the show, shopping in Fresno, and just having a great time.

One day, being the fun aunt that she is, she decided that I needed to have macaronis in my hair. She wanted to get some, paint them, and then put small braids in my hair and put the macaronis in my hair, like Stevie Wonders beads in his hair. 

This has been an ongoing fun kindof joke between us. A couple of weeks ago, my mom called me to tell me that my Auntie was not feeling well, having some health issues and could I write her a letter to maybe cheer her up. So I did, and I added a poem, which follows:


I think you are looney for macaroonies!





You lined them up on a cookie sheet
Making sure they were nice and neat.

And then you said with such grace
And a great big smile on your face:

“I’ll paint them the colors of a sunny rainbow,
You see, you’ll put on quite a show.”

“Blue, yellow, green, orange, purple and red
We’ll lace them on the braids in your hair.”

“If Stevie could have them in his hair,
You can too, don’t be scared.”

I looked at you, my head filled with doubt
I backed up, looked at you and said “I’m out!”

Annie J  2013

My mom called me so happy, because my aunt had received my letter, and couldn't quit laughing, read the poem to my mom and she and my mom were just tickled. I am so glad that I was able to come up with something to make her happy. 


So, then, my mom calls me up a couple of days later to ask me my favorite color, and I tell her yellow and green, pastel colors, and in the mail on Thursday, I received from my Auntie, a really cute apron that she made that is reverseable. The other side is the chicken print with a pocket in the middle across my breast. It is so cute, I just love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment