Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Bruiser

Bruiser. Bruiser is a cross between a pit bull, bull mastiff and supposedly boxer. He is a brindle and is just a goofy fun lovin' smart alecky thinks he is really cute and too big for his britches kind of dog. He thinks. And he thinks that he is going to outsmart you every time. UGH!!!

I have my two Australian shepherds who just go crazy everytime they see me, and if its me going and saying hi to them, and then I go in for 5 minutes, and then come back out, I have to endure their wonderful music again of " OH, THERE SHE IS!!!' again. They are spontaneous and listen, love me too much and are just happy go lucky.

Well, I got a call this morning that Bruiser was out( This was Friday the 15th). So off I went, with all the bad rap the pits get, I thought, I  had better take care of this right away. So I pull up, and there he is, staring at the front door with his nose about 3 inches from it, smiling, waiting, for someone. Someone to come out and say "come on in". Someone to give him a treat. He sees me, and off he takes. Then he comes running back seeing that I am going inside.

I go in, get a jacket because I know I have to find and fix the hole he got out of. I open the door, and there he is, a waggin his tale and smilin at me, knowing that I have something for him. So, I head over to the pen, to try to find where he got out, and there it is. He is a climber and found a place to climb and go over. He had it pushed down. So, with his help, I got wire and pliers and added some height to the fence, added some strength and figured I had it taken care of.

He watched, would run off and come back, check it out, run off, stand up and look over the neighbors fence and run off. I went and put him in the pen, the other two were happy to be all back together. Bruiser ran right over to where he was getting out, and just looked so sad, that I had fixed it. He would run back to the gate and then back to where the fixed fence was and just look at it , like he was studying it, to see if he could find a way, a new way to get out.

And he did. And they all got out. Before I got back to work. David called me to tell me they were all out again. So he went and fixed my fix cuz that's where they got out, again, only this time he found a place right below where I had worked on it.. It worked. They stayed penned up this time.

This dog, he studies everything. He watches, he plans, he plays games, he is thoughtful. He is something else. I can see why people love Pits, as this must be the personality that they love. I have never had a dog treat me this way, like he does. He thinks that he is always up one on me. Sometimes, I think he might be. But, I carry the doggie treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment