Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Life is good.

Well, we are up to 8 babies, and they are so pretty, so cute, so adorable!  We have lost two, but the others have definitely made up for it. The weather has been cold again, windy, and not good for taking cute pictures of all the little darlings, but this weekend looks promising to get some fun pictures of them all.

Gus just thinks that he is the man, as he gets up on the dog house and checks out his brood. He looks really proud, I guess if a goat could be proud, he is.

All of the mamas are doing well, and we have just one left to kid. I hope that it all turns out well for her.

My chickens have started laying eggs, and I am getting from 3 or 4 to 7 a day right now. It is so exciting for me, because before it was always hit and miss. We have a couple of people that want the fresh eggs as well, so we will be ok with having a few extra. We have 19 hens, and if half lay an egg a day, we will be swimming in eggs soon. I guess I will be doing a lot of baking this year. Its good that I have an outside oven as well.

And the eggs so far have been really pretty, a dark brown, medium brown, light brown, two different colors of blue eggs, and creamy colored ones. The shells are really hard, and I am considering blowing out the insides to save the eggs, cleaning them and letting them dry out, just to paint and or draw, maybe burn on them. I have great ideas, but......

I am ready for summer. I can't say anymore about that subject, I am just plain tired of cold. My brother Jeff called yesterday to brag that his weather was 10 degrees warmer than our 47. He is in Michigan or Minnesota, I can't remember, ha ha, but that is terrible. He calls up to tell me he is going to put on his swimsuit and go swimming and tanning, omg, he is so funny. He jumped in one of the lakes for his polar bear swim initiation, unfortunately, no one else in the family joined him on New Years for the fun. He's crazy, just a little.

I have made a couple of new dishes to eat, and they have turned out good. Last night I made sopa and refried beans, and then cooked some onions with bell peppers, diced up, sauteed in olive oil, added some salt and pepper. I diced up some whitetail, added salt, pepper, garlic, cumin and some chipotle red chile powder to it, cooked it on a med hi heat in olive oil until done, added the veges back in, and it was so so delicious, with hot tortillas on the side. Yeah!!

We picked up a small wooden desk at a yard sale for a buck, cleaned it up, made a couple of repairs on it, repainted some spots and added new knobs. It fixed up really nice. We gave it to Brooke for her tv. Jon said she was really happy with it. :) She needed a tv stand because she was using two folding chairs, pretty creative if you ask me, to hold up her tv.

I found a recipe for blueberry streusel topped muffins that turned out so good, even with me flubbing up the recipe a little. You can't blame me, it was like 5:20 in the morning when I started them. But, they were delicious. So, I am really trying new recipes as well as just throwing things together, for some new flavors rather than always just the old same ole same ole.

Life is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment