What a good weekend, even if the weather was a little cool. Saturday was such a great day. We hit up a couple of yard sales, not much there, and then I had 3 lessons. I saddled up Tomasa, rode her for a little while, trying her out in a new bit, and she did great in it. She listened, she didn't fight it, she did remarkably well in it. And, I enjoyed riding her, it was so much fun. I gave lessons to the first two girls and they did so well with her as well. It made it so much easier for them to get her to do things, and she listened.
The next lesson came a little later, and Tomasa actually did well, even though I held on to the lead, she still responded to this little girl. There is something about kids and this horse. She will sit there and watch them, and just stand with her head next to them. She is such a cool horse. Right now she is so woolly, you would think that she lived up north. She came from Belin, NM, so I guess it must be a little cooler there.
I turned my chickens loose and stepped on a couple of them a few times, because they believe that they are supposed to walk under your feet. They squawk, and then try to wiggle under your feet again as you are walking. Hahaa, they are maybe too friendly sometimes, but when its time to put them up, it really makes it easy.
My goats just keep getting closer and closer to kidding, hopefully, soon, I will start having some babies from them. I am so excited, yet so nervous, as for two of them, its their first time. But, when these babies are here, there is nothing like little baby goats, especially withing that first week of them running around, jumping and being comics. I can't wait!!
Everything else is doing well. Sunday was a cold, I was a bit under the weather, but I did manage to take the last of the decorations down. It was kind of sad for me, but good as well. The wind was blowing so hard that it knocked down our windmills again. I guess I should be thankful for our wind, as it is nothing compared to other places. I visited with Jake and he said he was out walking in 17 degree weather with just a tshirt, he had just worked three nites with it like 22 to25 below 0, YIKES!! He must have made some cool icicles in his nose hahahaa, I don't want that cold of weather, and here I am complaining about our nights getting to 25, 26, and our days up to the upper 40's, this past week and finally getting back into the 50's. I think that I am ready for our AZ summers.
No comments:
Post a Comment