Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Monday, December 3, 2012

Reused cast iron

Well, today is so far a good day. Yesterday, I painted a cracked cast iron skillet with a satin black spray paint. The pan had a fairly large crack that looked like it had been braised, but there was still a place that was obviously cracked. I had purchased it at a yard sale, so not much spent on it.

My niece is getting married, and she wanted some cast iron to cook with, and so I have put together a set for her and have painted this skillet and I am turning it into a clock. I think it turned out pretty cute. This skillet I originally bought for her, but when I was cleaning it found the crack. We still have to put the movement on it and it will be all done. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment