Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Monday, December 3, 2012

My Hunt



My hunt started on Friday. We took our horses out and we went to some beautiful country, that was just perfect to horseback ride in. It has been several years since I have rode a horse for much longer than an hour, and we rode for 3 to 4. It was great.

We rode through cactus, ocotillos, mesquites, rocks, up and down, and it was absolutely beautiful. We didn't see any dear, but the country was just so refreshing. All the different colors just soothed me.

The horses did great, Tomasa picked her way through all the cactus, paid attention, I couldn't ask for a better horse. She is so funny sometimes. The weather was just perfect, just warm enough to be perfect.

On Saturday we went out again, this time with Jon and Brooke. We hiked for about 4 hours or so, and the country here was just as beautiful. Hardly any cactus, but lots of catclaws, mesquites and small greasewood plants, lots of grass. Again, this would be good country to ride in as well.

We saw two bucks, a two point and a three point. The first skedaddled like his tail was on fire, and the second moved away as soon as he heard us. It was ok, no biggy, I still have 4 more days that I can hunt, and I am not being perrtickular, as I have been taking my camera. Haha, I would like to get one, but I am not going to be crushed either.

We came home, went to Super Wok for lunch, I laid down for about 25 minutes and got up and got ready to give lessons. By the end of the day, I was pretty beat. I had charlies in my calves, and today, they are still there. I am hoping that Zumba will help work them out.

Ugh, I was so sore on Sunday, but I am a little better today. I am looking forward to going back out on Wednesday. We are maybe planning on spending most of the day out there, we will see. I am usually not a whiner, but ya know, maybe its time to become a little bit of one.



No comments:

Post a Comment