Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

What a great weekend

Wow, how time flies by nowadays!!!!  We survived Thanksgiving, barely. I think we all gained between 5 and 10 pounds. I made 6 pies, 1 pecan, 1 apple, 1 blueberry, 1 lemon meringue, and 2 pumpkin (my favorite) and by Sunday, we only had about a slice of each left. Ohhhh, they were so yummy. The turkey was delicious, and all the rest of the food. My mashed potatoes were the bomb with two cubes of butter in them, they were sooooooo amazingly delicious! 

Jon brought his girlfriend Brook, and another friend who was not able to go home, so we had her over as well. Our friend Herman ate with us too. It was nice, pleasant and relaxed. A great day. Jon and his friends rode the horses.

We ate and ate and the next day ate and ate, warmed up menudo and ate and ate, made green enchiladas on Saturday and ate too much again (and they were so hot) oh my!!! And of course don't forget stuffing ourselves again on Sunday.

Our weekend was relaxed, and fun, I finished decorating my star and tree, and they are so cool looking at night. I haven't taken pictures yet, its been a busy week for me, and tomorrow is my hunt. I am so excited to go. Fortunately, it will be close to home and not a long drive, which means that I don't have to be up at some crazy hour, YEAH!!!

I finally started some Christmas shopping last week, and hope to get most of what I need to get done by the end of next week. FAT CHANCE for me, haha, I always wait until the last minute to do anything, but you never know. 

We are having beautiful weather, the highs in the low 70's everyday and lows around upper upper 30's and low 40's. Couldn't ask for better weather. All the animals are good, waiting for our goats to start having babies. We should maybe get some this coming month. We have 6 nannies, and we have decided that we are going to end up with 10 babies. 

We have continued to go yard salin and of course I have picked up in the last three weeks 9 or 10 more cast iron skillets. Hahaa, so much for getting rid of them. Actually I am putting a set together for Rebeka for a gift for her wedding. But, of course, I will keep getting more, maybe  ;) . I just can't pass them up, and neither can David, he always points them out to me if I don't see them so he is just as guilty. I have picked up some nice pieces, but one was cracked. I am going to paint it and we already drilled a hole in it and I will make it a clock. But......

What a blessed life we all live. Keeping God close at hand always.

No comments:

Post a Comment