You can see the goats here smelling his tail feathers. You can also see his bad leg.
Then he flew to our tree over the dogs and dove pen. The two guinea hens had made it into the tree, and were not happy about the hawk being there. I really don't know if its a hawk or eagle. My dove and little chickens weren't happy either. So I took a bunch of pictures, and was just tickled. He didn't seem to be too frightened by my presence.
You can see his bad eye here.
This was a few minutes before he became hung up.
Here are those guinea hens. I think the gray one is a male.
I went in and later we all came out and he looked like maybe he died or was dying. We saw that his right eye was bad, and then we noticed that his right leg was bad, atrophied. He was still alive but the bad leg had gotten hung up in the branches. David up-righted him with a board, and we got him sitting up again. We left him alone.
I came out to check again later and then he moved to the chair in front of the dove pen. He let me take pictures of him, and again, didn't seem to concerned. I went and fed everyone as it was getting dark and we left him alone.
This morning he was on the ground still in front of the dove pen. He left sometime this morning, flying in all his glory again, as I saw him at lunch back up on the telephone pole. It made me happy to know he was able to leave.
My neighbor caught the guinea hens in her chicken coop, and will see if someone might claim them. So, to me, a present in the form of a wayward hawk or eagle, just to see him so close, and know that he did not appear to be threatened. Amazing.
I cooked a ham (yummy) with mashed potatoes, mixed veges, some re-fried beans, salsa, biscuits, and an apple and pumpkin pies. I ate all day long, while I was cooking and sitting and eating and aaaoooo I am so stuffed still, haha. It was delicious, and it kept talking to all of us, eat!! eat!!! eat!!! EAT !!!!!!
So we did. And we all regretted it, but then went back for more. LOL!!!
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, to all of my family and friends. I love you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment