So here we are coming to the end of another year. A new year, a new day, a new life.
We all have the power to change our lives, to become more happy inside, which makes those around us happy as well. We have the power to be at peace with ourselves, though the journeys walked, may not have always been what we imagined that our life would take us. Without all the hardships, good time, bad times, sad times, happy times, through anger, tears, bitterness, through tears of joy, love and fun, we would not be here, where we are today.
Enjoy life, moment by moment. Turn loose of your past. If you are living in your past, then you cannot enjoy today. Let it go. Don't worry about tomorrow, it may never come, so enjoy today. Love, laugh, live.
We learn through our mistakes. We learn through others mistakes. We all do things that may confuse others as to why we do them. We persevere when others may give up. We make choices that may make others unhappy or uncomfortable. But then, we live with those choices. We are shaped by them, and usually the outcome is better in the long run.
I know that I have been through all of this. I know that I have learned, grown, and come to peace with my life. I have learned that letting go of my past is the best thing for me. To let go of grudges, painful memories, things that seemed to have a hold over my head. I now, don't let them take hold, and while the memories are memories, I can look back and even laugh. I know I am ok today, and will be ok as each moment comes my way.
Forgive. Easier said than done. But, when started and when it becomes a part of your life, you realize how much easier your life becomes, how much more satisfied you are with your life, and you realize that forgiving is really for you. You realize that you were holding onto things that drug you down, and now you can lift you up where you belong.
I love my life. I have no regrets. I wonder, sometimes, if I had realized this back then, how different my life might have been, but then, I didn't and so I don't linger. I can't live my life in what ifs.
So to all my family and my friends, I love you, may you find peace this coming year, in your hearts, soul and spirit, may your life be filled with love and kindness. May God always hold you in His hand.

No comments:
Post a Comment