It started out as a cold weekend on Saturday morning, but it warmed up quite nicely. We went to a couple of yard sales and the swap meet. I found some table legs that are kindof like claw feet, make out of really heavy wood. I am excited to have David help me put together some kind of frame and make a coffee table out of it.
Jon brought home a really old trunk, it really needs a lot of work, I am not sure if it really is salvagable, its pretty rough looking. I will give it a try, although I need to finish my table I started in the spring. Haha, its almost completely sanded, its a cute little table, a drop leaf table. I am hoping to work on it the next few weekends to get it done.
I gave lessons, and Tomasa was in a mood, a mood of I don't have to do what you say, your'e not the boss. OMG, she made those girls work this time. But, we are changing bits and will see how she works with the new bit. She is such a turd, sometimes, just plain stubborn. I made some more roosts for the chickens and turkeys, they loved them, were on them within the hour that I made them. I like having happy animals and birds. :)
The rest of the afternoon was low keyed, but good. I watched Warhorse Saturday night, by myself, which in itself was a good thing. I cried I don't know how many times, and bawled a couple. I was glad no one was home with me but the dogs. They just look at me like wat's up wit ju? Stupid dogs, couldn't they understand what a crybaby I am and how badly and quickly I get attached to them, let alone my family? UGH, I don't want to be around when one of them dies, as it will be bad..... :) Can't help it that I get attached. It scares me to have to be around when any of my family may pass before me....
Sunday, well, I made some cookies and probably ate half the dough. I am already cookied out, haha!!! I don't know what I am going to do with the rest of these cookies.. I love the cookie sheets that I got at a yard sale, they are those real heavy kind, and they cook wonderfully. I am so amazed that I never bought this kind before.
David fixed our star and we got it back up, I am so happy to have it up again. I missed it so much, and so did our neighbors.
I took cookies, chips and salsa out to the guys in the shop, went back in for a few minutes, and then went back outside and fell in love with a horse. Cisco, he is 1 1/2, part arabian, and a very smart fellow. I didn't want to really do much with him but the temptation was too much. I brushed him and cleaned him up and he just stood there, like he understood everything that I told him. He has only been haltered a very few times at our house, and usually had to be roped to get caught. He lets me walk right up to him. Haha, after I put him up, I got the big red apple out of Julios pen and attached a rope to it and threw it in Cisco's pen. He went to go check it out, nibbled on the rope, picked it up and with the momentum it hit his chest, in his eyes, attacked him. Haha, he wouldn't let go, so it kept banging off his chest, and he was trying to get it with his front hooves, trying to run from it, panicing, it was going to eat him, oh my, did I get a good laugh from him, I still am giggling. Whew, it was pretty darn funny. Poor horse. He finally let it go, and yes, he did go back to it.
It was a really good day, made burritos with fresh tortillas and left over turkey I had frozen, with some refried beans, oh sooo yummy. Watched a little tv and off to bed.
This morning as I was going out to start the truck, there was a very large hawk on our star. He was all ruffled up and just looked at me. He flew on of the telephone poles out on the road and just stayed there. It was pretty cool, nature always amazes me.
Everyone, have a merry merry Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment