Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Friday, November 9, 2012

Donations

I gave blood yesterday, and everything seemed to work out good this time. I have tried for the last 3 months and when I scheduled to go, something always happened to not allow me to go. So yesterday, I managed to make it and was able to give my blood. 

I have a terrible phobia of needles, and so I have to talk myself into calming down. I am getting much better, I have been giving blood since about 2000/2001. It is much easier now than at the beginning. 

Some of the local ministries are having a coat drive, so I am cleaning out again, ridding myself of surplus, in hopes that someone will be able to put it to good use. This last couple of years, I have let go of so much that I have hung onto, and it has really made me feel good as I have donated it to our local safe house. 

I yardsale alot, and have picked up so many blankets.   Our local VFW women have gathered blankets in the past to give out to our homeless that lived down by the river bridge. I have a few extra to give if needed. 

Every little bit counts that you can give, no matter how small it may be. While I am not in any dire straights of being close to poor, last year someone paid our utitlities for one month. We were struggling a little, and it really came in handy for me. Paying forward, to me, is such a wonderful way to go, and I am hoping that this year that I will be able to do the same for someone that needs that extra boost. Even if it is a partial payment, I know that it will be welcomed in these hard times.

I am praying for everyone, that they have safe and happy holidays this year, and for relief for those back east that are suffering at Mother Natures hands. I do hope that they will be able to get the power restored soon. Give a little or a lot. Help out. Share, and don't ever forget to love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment