Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Cupboards

What is a cupboard? I think it used to be a board that you set your cups on.

I was putting away dishes this morning, including some cookie sheets that have been drying for about two weeks. I opened my cupboard where they go, shoved them in there really fast and shut the door, hoping for the best. There was some noise (sometimes its really loud) that lasted for a few seconds as everything adjusted in there.

I really need to clean and organize my cupboards. The last time I did so, Rissa was there, watching and drilling me with questions like, How long has it been since you used that? Are you going to use that in the next 6 months, do you really need that or just want it, and on and on. I rid myself of a lot of useless clutter or unused baking and cooking dishes, pans, pots and just plain stuff that day, donated it, and was very happy. She needs to come back over here, haha.

So, I had visited with Kathy yesterday afternoon about this very thing, and now I know, that I really need to do something about this cupboard clutter, as I need to get in there and find stuff without hurting myself and anyone else that may try to get in there as it is dangerous territory. Between that and my cast iron skillets (which I have reduced from a collection of around 60 pieces to about 30 now) I am on a mission to finish up what I had started.

I do pretty good keeping things organized until the one fateful day that I am in a hurry, or not feeling quite up to keeping it organized. It probably would help out quite a bit if I just plain got rid of stuff, like my collection of meat grinders, about 6 or 7, that are in the way, or the collection of enameled plates and bowls, alot of which are pretty old, (thats a hard one for me) or maybe the extra apple corer peeler that I picked up at a yardsale for a nickel. I love these collections except for the fact that I don't remember what I have because they are stuck back in a cupboard, hidden behind the latest piece of cooking what ever that I just used.

I have a crock to my old crockpot cooker, the cooker is gone, but the crock is still in there. Hmmm, memories maybe, I have had it for about 30 years. I have to let it go, my eyes will probably mist over as I say farewell to it. Rissa will probably beat me the next time she sees me, and I probably will deserve it, hee hee.

Anyway, here is to a successful weekend of cleaning and ridding myself of good stuff!!!  

1 comment:

  1. Aww I kinda feel like this post is dedicated to me!!! Haha! We're planning a trip in February or March! Hopefully we'll see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete