I went out early today and fed our animals outside, and kindof got sad because my chile, tomato and bell peppers all were hit by freezing temperatures. I am so glad that I had picked all the fruit on Saturday, as the news said we were going to be hit on Sunday night. They were so sad looking, all wilted, wondering what the heck happened to them.
I have a couple of large bowls of jalepenos and serranos, so I will begin stringing my serranos to make a couple of ristras and pack the jalepenos into my freezer. It was a really good year for my garden, I really enjoyed it, and the amount of fruit that my plants produced was so exciting.
My celery try went down the drain, but my pineapple is going strong. I am going to try the celery again, but I am better prepared this time, ha ha. This last few weeks has been busy, but now I am somewhat better organized. (Yeah, right :))
I cleaned the front yard. I pulled out our rebar christmas tree, wire brushed it and painted it white in preparation for decorating. I had David build a star for me and its so cool looking and BIG. Its on top of our homemade windmill platform for now. I can't wait to get it all decorated. I will get before and after pics soon.
My roses keep blooming as does my verbena, and some flowers that my brother-in-law gave to me. I am so happy because I wasn't sure they were going to make it but they did. He just jerked them out of the planters so I was pretty skeptical, but they made it. Lots of water and sunshine does wonders.
I have a small cholla cactus growing in with my roses that I need to move, and I was cleaning the yard, Bruiser had to go check out that planter and stuck his nose and front legs in the cholla. He ran around like nothing was wrong, goofy dog. So I caught him and pulled them out, and of course he thought it was pretty cool, me doting over him, and the other dummy dogs, had to be right there helping out, they get so jealous.
I am going to paint our front door too, and hopefully make some menudo this weekend, and cookies, our friends are asking for them when they drink coffee in the shop. Plans to straighten up the backyard this weekend as well as give a riding lesson. Hmmm, not sure all that I am going to be able to get done, hopefully more than less without wearing myself out.
One day at a time for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment