What is it that we are all looking for? Is it a big house? A new car? Being closer to the ocean? What about the next big newest most technological design of something or another? As we buy and work towards getting these items, does it really bring us any peace or happiness?
I am not really a materialistic person, I try to use things until they wear out, I don't go to the store and just buy things on a whim, I ask myself do I want it or do I need it? There is such a big difference. As I have grown, I have realized that my inner peace can only come from me, being satisfied with whom I am, what I look like, knowing where I have come from, and using that to help shape me forward. That peace cannot come from items.
I have a new direction in my life. I do know that I am living my life for me now, rather than always being on the back burner to everyone else. To me, in order to help others be happy, I have to find that happiness in me, cultivate it and bring it to the surface, a job that only I can do by knowing me.
I am not defined by the clothes that I wear, or by my weight, height, skin color, or much of anything material or physical. I am defined by my beliefs, my actions, my thoughts and my words. I cannot be defined by trying to keep up with the "Jones", or having the best of the best. I can be defined by being true to me.
I am a believer in God, and all that He brings to the table. In that, I have revamped my life to live with what is in my heart, that was put there sometime, somewhere, before this existence here. The fears and insecurities had put me in a place that I let be me for so long, and now, I am facing all of this. I am able to say and do things that I would have never thought to do, and it feels good. I am me.
When I am true to me, to whom I am inside, I feel so much peace and happiness, knowing that that is whom I am. And that peace, that happiness radiates out. It feels good. My peace and happiness comes from inside me, truly getting to know me.

No comments:
Post a Comment