Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

A great place to check out.

I somehow found out about a person that does life coaching and stuff like that through email. For some reason, I decided to check it out, read what she had to offer, and was knocked off my rocker. A very inspirational and truths writings, how to just change your life. Her name is Barrie Davenport.

One of the things that I read ( only have received her emails for about a week or two) was "10 ways you may be fooling yourself". It was so right in what it told me. I realized that I have been sabotaging me for so long that it had become a habit. Following is a short list of what she said. It is not at all complete of what she wrote, so I will include her website: it is as follows: Liveboldandbloom.com   If you go to home, and then under resources, then go to archives, you can find this lesson. This one is from September 2012.

"The day that something or someone shines the bright light of truth on a belief or situation, and you awaken to that truth, can be Earth-shattering and life changing."  Barrie Davenport

These are beliefs that sabotage you. They are negative. And this is some of what she says to do to help fix you.
1. Believing your thoughts and feelings define reality.
       Challenge your negative thoughts.
2. Believing you are right and others are wrong.
        Acknowledge the your way isn't the only way and that you perceive things through a filter of your personal experience.
3. Accepting perceived limitations.
       We are capable of far, far more that we believe.
4. Believing you can control everything.
      The awakening often occurs only after an uncontrollable event rocks the world of the perfectionist or over-achiever.
5. Blaming others for your problems or mistakes.
     Always look at a problem or failure from the perspective of your personal responsibility and contribution.
6. Believing there are no alternatives.
       There is always another alternative or another way.
7. Accepting a bad relationship
      It is far less painful to determine what you need from the relationship, and if necessary seek counseling to help you navigate moving forward safely  or ending it.
8. Living beyond your means.
     Accept that debt is unacceptable to you. Shift your thinking to believe that being debt free is more fulfilling that having all the things you want to buy.
9. Looking for happiness outside of yourself.
      Happiness is achieved by finding joy and contentment in the present moment. 
10. Believing "it will never happen to me"
     Accepting that bad things can and will happen opens your heart to compassion for yourself and others.

I hope that you check it out, it is some good stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, I needed this reminder today. Coincidence? I think not.

    ReplyDelete