Well, today is a gorgeous day. It rained a little last night and the morning was so fresh, breezy and cool. There were clouds scattered in the sky and birds were singing everywhere.
How can a person be sad when looking at this amazing beauty put before us. How can you not stop, take a deep breath, and let yourself be filled with the purity of this moment, catching it, tasting it, before it leaves. Never to be seen again, it becomes a part of our past, a memory. But knowing that moment and owning it makes the difference.
We all are faced with, it seems, mountains of problems in our lives. Bills upon bills, our children's learning, college, work, maintenance on cars and homes, medical issues, the list goes on. It seems to consume us, trying to overtake our lives, we are becoming a prisoner to our problems.
Even the smallest issues end up becoming a chore, like trying to figure out what to stir up for dinner, after a tiring day at work. But, we can change this, this feeling of incompleteness, of being a prisoner to our own problems. We can overcome it. After all, whats the worst that is going to happen?
There is always tomorrow to do whatever. There is always a bowl of cereal or eggs for an easy fix for dinner. My fathers father always ate bread and milk for dinner (of course it was homemade bread). There are always enough moments in our day, to complete what NEEDS to be completed and what we want to complete. Most of the time, it is not urgent enough to worry about, except for when we put it off forever.
I have realized that I don't have to fret anymore over what I thought HAD to be done, trying always to be make sure everything was always done, cleaned, filed, washed. I had become a prisoner to my own actions and thoughts, rather than enjoying moments in my life.
Figuring this out has relaxed me in so many ways, I am not nearly as fretful as I used to be. I have watched so many people and the pressure they put on themselves over everything. They don't seem to enjoy the little things that are so important to our happiness. Our time is our time, and we need to slow down and enjoy it.
Now, I take the time to make sure that I am enjoying my life, rather than feeling as if I HAVE to do something. And it makes it easier and more fulfilling to get those things done that are chores or duties. My house is taken care of still, just not with the awful urgency that I put on myself to make sure that its clean. The same with my work, and everything else I do. I DON'T have to hurry up and get it done. The more I relax, the more I get done and the quality is better.
And the best part is I can look at a bug, or a leaf, look at the clouds or watch a sunrise or sunset, and thoroughly enjoy it. I can tell a difference with the reactions of my family, my friends, others. Every moment. No rush anymore. Life is good, so much better with this thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment