Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Life is wonderful!!

Howdy howdy howdy!!! We are getting rain today, about 3 inches worth, in between each drop, but I will take it anyway!! It smells so GOOD!!

Life has been good, Jon left to Utah for the summer, so I am officially an empty nester for a little while, haha, it's soooo quiet here, haha. But, I do have enough to keep me busy, instructions left to take care of, like putting caulking in the corners of the walls in his room, go buy plastic tubs and put the stuff on the walls in it and whats on top of the movie shelf, do the load of wash on the floor, and repaint his room.

Then I am supposed to get the popcorn off the ceiling in the living room and have it painted as well before the end of July. Hmmm. I thought I was the mom. Well, we did get his closet done, so, being the glutton for punishment, I will see what I can accomplish.

It will take 2 hours for the popcorn on the ceiling. That will be the worst of it all. The painting in the living room will be easy, as will the painting in his room. So, what am I waiting for, right??

I love the color yellow, its my favorite, and when I was out watering the goats last night, I saw that the cactus under the willow is blooming. It has such beautiful flowers, its amazing the vibrant colors that nature provides for us to soothe our eyes. And it is amazing to me the number of people that don't see these beauties.


Then, as I was wandering around over the weekend, I looked up and there is a dove making a nest of all places on top of the lattice shade at the end of the trailer. They also were making a nest in Baby Blue as well, they are so silly. But I love them, love listening to them, love watching them dance and sing. 



I have another project animal, a horse. She was turned loose and is nothing but a bag of bones, literally speaking. It's so sad for me, as when the recession hit, people let their horses starve because the price of hay skyrocketed, from like 8 a bale to 25 dollars a bale. It was sad, because we had a lot of horses come through that were very underweight. The cattle inspector told us that they were inundated with horses, being left at ranches, left on public range to fend for themselves, and some even worse. 

He thought of us with this horse, figuring her to be a 3 year old, he didn't want to euthanize her. We will get her started and then try to find her a home that will take care of her. We are guessing that she needs a good 300 to 400 pounds to put on at least11. So sad.

And then, we have another addition to the family. A puppy, Sophie, and she will remain with us.  I forgot to take a picture at lunch, so tomorrow I will get it posted or later tonite. She is about 5 months old, about the size of Pacino, some kind of terrier cross we are guessing, maybe a little beagle or something in her. She bays a little. :)  Annie-mal Rescue is in force again, I suppose!! Ha ha!!

She is house trained, and will be getting spayed here real quick. David has insisted that she is NOT going anywhere, so, I guess I have a new dog. Yeah. 5 and counting....

I know I posted some of my pictures for my quilt that I am getting ready, but I went back through them and added some shading to them, trying to see how I am going to get this done on the quilt and give them some life. So here they are along with the four new ones. 













All of these are from pictures that I took, other than the two deer, which Jonny took on our last deer hunt. Three of them were sketched on the spot. Well, just four more to go, then get busy transferring to denim. I am thinking of getting some beige or cream colored denim, if I can, to put these on. But, you know me... 

Anyway, everyone have a great day. I love you all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment