Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving and more

Thanksgiving came and went.  It was good, delicious simple food and just David, Jon, myself and Arturo. When I had gotten home on Wednesday after work, after dinner, I decoded to make pies, but... My oven decided it did not want to work. UGH!!

So after being really frustrated and thinking I didn't want to boil another turkey, (i did that one year, i have had my oven not work before, and that turkey was so good and moist, seasoned like I was going to make enchiladas) I remembered I have a 18qt oven roaster and a camp oven outside. Yeah!!! The day was going to be good!!


So I took my time waking up and made us breakfast. I put the turkey on and then started making pies out in the shop. It smelled good too because we had the fireplace going too.  I must have made a hundred trips in and out, checking on the pies and then checking on the turkey as well. But, I had a great day, changing it from potential disaster to a fun and happy day!

The pies cooked well the turkey was moist and tender. Everything got done on time and at the right time as well.



What a yummy looking turkey.

And stuffing...
We ate turkey, rolls, corn and green beans, stuffing and mashed potatoes. Very simple but good.  I. bought Jonny sparkling cider and pepsi's for us.The pies were yummy too. I hope all of you had a great day as well.
















This is my oven cooking the pecan pie.









Here is the apple pie and the finished products.










The following morning Jon  says Mom can we go to Verizon. My friend Jay texted me to say they were giving free tablets with signing a two year contract. So we went and got him one. Bevan came up and we both ended getting one as well. Haha, I have been wanting to get one as well, just didn't want to put out the money yet. Solo, here I am typing on it with two fingers. Not as good as my keyboard but it'll do pig. Just love that  movie.

So here we are trying to see if I like it and so far its OK. Bevan and I played around with them and had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment