Wow, so much time has passed, it has been busy for me with all the year end things that need to be done at work, Thanksgiving, Christmas and now the New Year is here.
All in all, it has been an all right year for me. We had some good times, some not so good times, but I managed to make it through untouched, unscathed, but with a greater understanding of my life, and those around me, and with a much greater ability to sense me and my needs.
I have grown a garden, not just outside but the more important one in me, it's flourishing, and as long as I keep feeding and watering it, it just keeps blossoming and blessing me with fruit. My garden outside is in its winter state, but it won't belong before I get it ready for planting and then it will bless me with some hopefully hot chiles, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, garlic, and hmmm, whatever I plant.
I have read scriptures, gained a little more knowledge in the Word. I have made a quilt, and some lap quilts with matching pillow covers. I have mended some clothes, cleaned out more stuff and donated it appropriately. I redid Jessie's room, and its so nice to go in there and sew, YEAH!!!
I have read a lot of novels to keep that romantic part of me alive, as well as how to fix you stuff, which has really helped to ground me. There were a lot of lessons in both kinds to learn from what I read, so that was absolutely great.
I have managed to cook up a few new dishes that we all liked, and will continue to keep trying new ones. I managed to ride a little, gained some new lessons, lost a few to school activities, but my new ones are autistic, and it is fun and I feel honored to be helping them out.
We sold some horses, but I have my favorites, my chickens are preparing to start the spring laying contests with each other, the turkeys will be getting ready to hatch out again. We will be expecting new babies with the goats soon. And hopefully Waffles, Lucy and Bunny are bred, they are so cute. I have a cat that seems to be smart and is a great gopher cat. My dogs, well, are my dogs, ha ha, a little loony still.
I played a lot, and really enjoyed not feeling as if I had to do things. It was great. I did some planting up front and had a pretty flower garden for awhile. I learned how much fun people are, even when they don't look like they want to participate.
I learned and experienced so much this year, and had a great ending to this year, I couldn't have asked for more.
Wishing all a very Happy, Prosperous, Loving and Healthy New Year to come.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment