My cacti are growing new pods like crazy, and every year I tell myself that I am going to pick some of the nopalitos and fry them up, but I never get to it. So with all the new pods coming, I just might get it done this year, as this year I am getting so many new things done.
I finished up another lap quilt, but I didn't get pictures. Tonight I will take some. I also made the matching pillow cases for both blankets and they came out really cute. I had a blast sewing, it was so much fun.
I planted some flowers that my brother-in-law gave to me, natural growing flowers to this ole desert, and I put them in a pot yesterday, and today, they are smiling the biggest smiles ever. They are purple and really compliment my marigolds.
All of my flowers look so happy, they are really growing and flowering like crazy. I just love all the vibrant colors. When you put purple with yellow, it makes both colors stand out so much, its beautiful.
My apricot tree bloomed this spring, I was worried about it all winter long, first because my goats got out 2 or 3 times and thrashed it pretty good, but it recovered ok. And then, it was such a wierd winter, cold, cold nights and I didn't get any protection to it. Then when it started blooming, I was worried that we would have another hard freeze that would have taken all my blooms and potential fruit.
Well, I do have one apricot, and its about the size of a pecan, but it is there. My little tree is all of 4 feet tall. So, next year, I think we will get some useful fruit on it. I think I will have to plant another one or maybe I will just have to get a peach.
Gardening is so rewarding.

No comments:
Post a Comment