Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Horses

I give riding lessons on the weekends, and so far have been sharing one horse, my Tomasa. She loves kids, and you can see it. Well, we have a horse that has been abandoned and I tried him out and it looks like I have another kids horse that will work for lessons. The girls will definitely be excited for that. So, David has picked up another horse that the people cannot really afford to keep feeding, and brought it home. Another kids horse, so now, I can ride with the girls. They will really be excited, and I will too, as this makes it possible to show them and ride with them, preparing them for trail rides. Two geldings, one mare. 

Neither are much for lookers, the first, 1/2 Arabian, 1/2 Quarterhorse, sorrel. He has an old scar and swollen leg from an injury that was not taken care of from years ago, but he seems to be sound. He has such a gentle eye and sweet disposition. We will see how it works this weekend. I call him Big Red. 

The other is a bay horse, and he is a kids horse, as I know where he came from. He has a little gimp but seems to be sound. With children on him, it should not be a problem. I am so excited to surprise these girls and I hope they are excited as well. 

I hope that they really work out well, as I want to be able to do more than what I am presently doing with these kids. Yeah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment