Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Holiday fun and cooking

Its been so nice being home, but I am back to the grind of work. Except for a migraine that lasted 4 days, all has been good. My niece Rebeka is engaged and is looking to be married December 15, 2012. My brother Uncle Bob wants me to help or do the cooking, but he doesn't have an idea of what or how many. Hopefully he will get if figured out soon.

Jon went trick or treating with his girlfriend Brooke, they dressed up as nerds. Jessie went too as a, um thug like girlfriend or something, haha, I am not sure, but it was cool.  So they had fun. Jake went trick or treatin with Rissa and his littlest Sadie and she is cute as a button in a little bumblebee costume. The three older Shannon, Hailee and Justin, were in such cute costumes as well, they are all growing up too fast.

We had one trick or treater, we live kind of out of the way, and it was the daughter of one of our friends. These kids keep getting younger and younger, or I think that I am getting older and older. :)

The holidays are here, and Thanksgiving is just around the corner. I guess I better start planning what I am going to eat or do or what. Hmm. Turkey of course. Beans. Tortillas. Green chile salsa. Salad. Green beans. Corn. Rolls. Pies, pies, pies. Apple, pumpkin, pecan, lemon meringue, maybe a chocolate. Keep in mind that there is only 4 of us at home, oh my gosh, but we love to eat pies! Maybe we will get some company this year.

Christmas is just past that corner and then its time for COOKIES!! I like to make cookies, the only problem is we eat them all before we get them passed out. My goal this year is to get them out, haha, we well see.

And its time for menudo and tamales, I will have to get on the ball for the tamales, see what I can do to get some made this year. I am excited, so much to do, hopefully I can get it all done and have a great time in it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment