Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Can gardens

I am growing a pineapple plant in my kitchen. I Stumble occasionally and I found this article about growing a pineapple. It takes about 23 months it said to grow one. I am excited and hopeful that I can keep this going. I cut off the top, put it in water for about a couple of weeks and then planted it in a pot.The plant has doubled in size already, and I will have to repot it soon.

In that Stumbleing, I also found an article about growing your own celery in a can. So, guess what? YUP, I have started a celery plant, and little tiny leaves are growing out of the middle of it. I cut off the bottom of the celery and put it in a tin of water. When we come back from deerhunting, I will transplant it into a can. I am so excited. It says you can after it grows stalks, just cut them off as you need them and it will keep on growing. Change the potting soil about every three months, I think.

I also have two little carrottops growing and also will be planting an onion. I just hope that I don't give up and throw them out. I am hoping to start a fall garden, and will try to get radishes, onions, garlic, carrots and what ever else I can think of that might grow out side.

No comments:

Post a Comment