Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Look around, feel with your everything

It is amazing to see the beauty in this world, just stop and look. Trees, mountains, the blue skies. Cloudy skies with a storm brewing in the distance. Lightning is playing in the hills, lighting up the skies. Watch a flock of cowbirds flying like a school of fish. Butterflies flitting around in a hayfield, pale yellow spots dancing to a tune of their own.  

So much beauty, if you could just take the time to see it. 

I was really excited this spring when a yucca plant finally bloomed. It was amazing, I have watched it for about 3 years, growing, waiting for the moment that it sent its stalk up and bloomed. Beautiful. 

I enjoy listening to the mocking birds singing, beautiful lyrics, I wished that I could understand all that they were saying. Grackels that are so noisy, talking, visiting and then scolding me when I walk underneath their nests and roosts in their trees.

It is so gratifying to walk along and see a stranger that looks busy, down, frustrated, and when I flash a smile, they smile, sometimes forced and then it warms up their face, its almost as if you can see it warm their souls. Beauty in a smile. 

Warm your heart, your soul. Stop. Look. Feel with your senses. Beauty all around us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment