Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Gardens

I have been attempting to garden for the last 3 years. I have had success in my jalepenos, and some success with my tomatos.  I planted a cucumber in the same container with my chiles (big mistake) and it did ok, other than the cucumbers were a little bitter.

It has really been fun for me watching these plants grow. This years jalepeno plants have produced so much fruit, and it is so good. I planted a bell pepper and two seranos, and they are really producing right now too.

All of my plants are in containers, and I just love going out there with them. I forgot to put my tomato into one of those cage things to keep them from falling over, but I found out that I liked the way it looks better. This coming  year I have decided to plant a tomato or two inside a 50 gallon drum so that it may cascade over the sides. 

I have some rosemary and thyme planted as well as some chives. Trying to balance everything to make sure all has some quality time is really hard. With the animals, work, family and gardens, it makes for a full day. But I do love it. And the rewards are worth it. 

I am going to experiment with containers in the house as well, I read about starting celery in a can, and onions in a can, that you can harvest for some time. We will see how it goes. Its not like I don't have other things to do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment