Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Full moon rides

So, last month my brother invited us to go on a full moon bike ride. We didn't make it. So last  night he invited again, but canceled because of the clouds. Today, there were no clouds, and stayed that way into the night. 

He came by and invited us again, and then called me about 8:30. At first I declined because I hadn't felt good all day, but then I called him back to let him know that I was in. I am so glad that I did.

It was an absolutely beautiful night to ride in. No clouds in the skies, and the air, the ground, the mountains and cotton fields, every thing just glowed with such beauty and peace. The air was still and quiet, you could hear everything. You could smell the different bushes and plants, feel the changes in the temperature of the air. Absolutely beautiful, and when we returned, I just about lost control (I actually kind of did come off my bike and almost fell) coming onto our bridge and down the little hill, haha, but I didn't go down. 

Coming around to the arena, all the horses glowed, especially Rex, a tri colored paint that is mostly white. Our donkeys welcomed us home with gleeful braying, if you can call it that. It was a perfect night to go, and I am so glad that I went. 

I love full moon nights, they are absolutely beautiful. Years ago, I went on a horseback ride on a full moon that lasted from 8 pm till about 1 am, it was so beautiful then. I will have to keep this up.When we were young, early teens, my brothers used to drive around at night without the lights on when there was a full moon. It is so peaceful, and without the added lights of the vehicle, it seems as if you can see everything better. That was my impression then, at least. 

What a peaceful way to end the day.

Hugs. Sleep well. 

2 comments:

  1. I like this! I love going out at night with the full moons and stuff. It's hard to do that kind of stuff here in Elko, too many crazies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so pretty, absolutely amazing. I am going to try to figure out how to use the night option on my camera, see if I can get some cool night shots going. It was great.

    ReplyDelete