April 29, 2015, another day is getting close to the end of it, as we see it in calendar time and clock time. The sun will be setting and all the daytime critters will be bedding down, and the nitetime critters will be arising.
I is amazing how fast chicks grow, and poults(turkey babies). My turkey hen has hatched out 11, and I had to take them from her, so that they would have a chance at adult hood. Last year she only had 2 survive out of 3 clutches. They are so stinkin cute!!
I put some chicks with them to help them learn how to eat and drink and survive in this crazy world that they will grow into. Unfortunately, or fortunately, some will become Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I rest at ease knowing that they are having a good life, and healthy life with lots of love. :)
The fun part about raising chicks (and poults) is that they become so friendly. They become worse than cats that always find a way to trip you. These ones are becoming fearless and think the world is theirs already. It has been so much fun, and I have had them contained for only 2 weeks. I will be increasing their pen this weekend.
I started a garden this year, last year I left it out. I am so excited to get it going, and just love watching the plants grow. I did start some seeds in my window, sunflower and pinto beans. My sunflowers are about 3 to 4 inches tall, and look so happy to be outside planted now. I am hoping for a successful garden, as I have planted a little more this year than before.
I still have to plant some watermelon, canteloupe and pumpkin. This will be the first time in years that I have planted these. I am so excited!!! I hope that I will be blessed with a little bit of fruit from all my plants (and veges).
I have been really trying to listen to my heart in all that I do, and letting the spirit guide me in my life. While I am afraid at times of consequences, I am learning I really have nothing to worry about. I accept whom I am, and I am continually trying to improve myself. My life is good. I have accepted that there are trials that I will continue to have each day, but at the end it will be worth it, as I now can enjoy what is good, by knowing the bad. I savor each moment that brings me peace, and hope to share it with those around me.
No comments:
Post a Comment