Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Friday, June 13, 2014

Choices

Jumping on the wagon of life can be so wild at times. It takes off, it stops abruptly, turns the wrong way at times or when it jumps off the path you have chosen, can take you on an adventure that is life changing. 

I have learned to accept it as it comes towards me whether I want it to go that way or not. There is only so much that I am able to change, and that mostly and always is me. My choice to be me, happy, sad, angry, mad, crazy, silly, melancholy, joy and whatever comes. I can control that, my reactions to it, life, coming at me. 

When I come home to a dirty kitchen, (it does happen, haha, more than I like) it is a choice to be angry because the dishes are sitting there looking at me, saying hahahahahaha, we're dirty, orrrr happy (because I get to look out the window and watch the animals as I do the dishes), so I always choose happy. Especially when Ralf and Pacino are in the back, they always know when I am in the kitchen, and get all crazy happy playing.

All the choices that we make, can make the difference between a good day and a bad day. It is directly related to our choices, waking up with a smile, just forcing a smile makes a difference. Saying nice things, just appreciating and being thankful of what we do have.

There are so many things that I have learned over the years, and one of the best one is take that frowny face and turn it upside down, a choice that just Makes my Day.

I also learned that asking for help is ok. This is one that I am still working on, it is so hard for me to do so. But I am making progress in doing it.

Learning that NO is not going to kill you, or stab you in the heart, a kind of rejection that you most certainly can get over. I know that rejection can really uproot your day, but, you need to remember that it can make you stronger, and more able to change you to a better person, a happier person. It might not feel that way at the time, but its definitely possible.

No is a small work that can have a lot of punch, but if we think about why it is said, it allows us to get past it. Yes is usually easier to take, depending on the situation too, but again a small word with a lot of punch.

David and I learned  along time ago, when we used to go knocking on doors to find out if stuff was for sale, that the worst that can happen is they tell us no. I always hated knocking on doors, but after he did it by his self for a long time, he made me :), and I was scared to death. But I learned. All they do is say yes, or no, or let me think about it. We bought a camp trailer that way, and lots of pipe. Ha ha, I still hate doing it, but I now know it's not going to be horrible.

I know after being rejected, being told no, many other instances of being knocked down on the ground, I have felt sorry for myself, having a pity party that usually no one but me was a part of, I realized it is completely up to me to pick up the pieces and move on. There is no rule that says that I have to waller around in self pity for a certain amount of time. And there is no rule saying that you have to wait to be happy. Isn't that awesome? You don't have to wait to be happy. 

So make a choice today, move past no, and anything that has turned your day upside down, flip it and make it a happy day.  Take the choice that brings love to your heart, it might be harder, but well worth it.

Love ya all.

No comments:

Post a Comment