Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Just an update

I cannot believe that almost a week has passed since I last wrote. Talk about falling off the boat, sheesh.  Well lets see, all is well. My nieces wedding was on Saturday, and she looked so pretty in her dress. She is such a low keyed person, it was really nice because there was not too much fruufraws going on. Everything was very simple, yet so elegant. The colors were white, purple and black, and the reception decorations were beautiful.

They had a luncheon late morning, the food was delicious, and I enjoyed sitting with my brothers, sister in law and my mom. We talked and James talked about his mom and how she gave his little brother his first black eye. He had a mouth and was mouthy with her, and a little hotheaded. The raised 4H steers, and the incident was around that. Their friend Kurt was there and after she knocked Jeff down and pummeled him, she looked at Kurt and asked him if he had a problem with it, and he said, No, Mrs Barney. Oh we laughed, listening to him tell the story, it was hilarious. It made for a fun time.

I visited with Mom in the morning, and then we went to the luncheon, and then did a little shopping after the luncheon. Then my oldest brother Bevan came by and we visited for awhile, played with the dogs, and then fed, watered all the animals. I made dinner and then we got ready and went to the reception.

I saw my other brother Dave and his family there, and some other family and people that I knew. It was so nice and relaxed. We left a little early as Bevan had to get going back to Phoenix. Apparently, as Mom was backing up to come to the reception, she backed into Robs infamous mud and got her car stuck in it. She was not too happy, but it happens. We all kindof giggled a little about it, although Rob should really get it fixed that people don't fall into it after it rains. But I think he rather enjoys getting to pull people out.

Sunday was cold, and we didn't do alot, other than fabricated a bird feeder out of a plastic pickle jar and a cookie sheet. It worked out ok, although we need to make some modifications on it. Mom came by and we were able to visit a little more before she left back to Scottsdale. We spent the rest of the afternoon inside other than feeding the animals.

It was cold Monday night and Tuesday morning, as well as the next couple days. I realize what I feel is cold is not cold to some others, but anything under 60 is cold for me, haahaa, I am not a cold weathered person.

Our goats are getting really close to kidding, and I am excited to see what we get this year. David made some cute little houses out of two halfs of a water heater so that the babies would have a place to get out of the weather. The big goats already checked them out, so I do hope as this weather comes and goes, that they use them. I want to get a big bale of straw to put in them to help insulate.



Well I wish everyone Happy Holidays, as they are here. Enjoy them  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment