Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Busy Busy Busy

So, finally I took some pictures of the beginning of decorating for Christmas. My sister in law stopped by to drop some mason jars off, and I asked her if she liked my star. She told me it wasn't even Thanksgiving, and I told her yeah, I know, but I wanted to be the first one on the block with decorations. She told me, yeah you are. So I am. This is the first time, but there is always a first time for everything, they say. I suppose.



Anyway, I just barely started the decorations on these, and will try to continue to get them done by the end of the week. Maybe I will figure my camera out and take some nice night pictures with the lights on the decorations. This year is very different for me, it feels special, there is excitement in the air, and I am truly enjoying myself.

I made a "mean" pot of menudo this weekend, it came out so good and yummy. It was delicious, and adding the crackers, green onions, cilantro and cheese, they just top it off. One of our friends acted shocked when I told him my grandma taught me how to make it, he told me most white girls can't make it this good. So I had to burst his bubble and tell him my grandma was a Campos and married a Chavez. Sheesh.

Wednesday is pie day, Thursday turkey day, Friday cookie day, Saturday ride and scout day, and Sunday, hopefully rest day. I have a busy week, and will try to keep all updated with how it goes.

David bought a 1984 ford pickup, with this box on it. He took it off, and has made the truck into a flatbed. It is such a comfortable truck for being so old. He is almost done with it. He has been working on this for about 10 days now, and is very happy with how it is turning out.

He has named the truck Matilda, and is finishing up with the headache rack, sealing the boards and some touch up painting. We stay busy, and always have some kind of project going.

2 comments: