Pages

I am a believer

I have lived part of my life afraid, afraid of so much, and now, I am living to learn, love, laugh, enjoy all that is presented before me. I am able to be me, and enjoy whom I am, and not compromise what I believe in. Be whom you are, not what anyone believes that you should be. Live your life completely and wholly, for yourself, for your family, friends, and as God would have it be.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Turkeys

Turkeys are so much fun to watch. They walk around like they have a purpose in life, taking each step slowly, wisely, checking out their world. They also take each step deliberately, almost as if they look to see where they are going to place their foot.

These turkeys love to stand in water, cooling their feet. I have only had them for a couple months, but now I remember why I like them so much. They are personable and amusing to watch. I have raised them before, and have thoroughly enjoyed them. These ones are a little smarter than the big white ones that I have raised before.

I made a roost for my turkeys over the weekend, and they were so much fun to watch them walk up to it, look at it cocking their heads from side to side, contemplating what they were going to have to do to get up their. 

They each took a turn looking at the perch, and that evening they were up on it, happy as could be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment